Sunday 30 March 2014

Lago di Como

I am absolutely having the time of my life. Its days like today that make me realise what an incredible experience this is for me and my fellow Erasmus friends. The journey so far has been breath taking and already my eyes have been opened by so many beautiful moments that I hope I shall never forget.

On Saturday my housemates and I ventured just outside to Milan to Lake Como – an astounding and tranquil water engulfed by snowy mountains and surrounded by vibrant botanical gardens. It’s difficult to surround yourself with so much magnificence and not find yourself appreciating the world and its wondrous ways.

Lake Como reminded me a bit of a typical British seaside town with all its stone wash hand painted houses - only ten times more beautiful. On one side of the lake there is the lovely town, with elaborate architecture, markets and designer shops including Armani, then on the other side, parks and grand houses, gardens with water fountains, streams and a bridged brick pathway that takes you through all the beauty surrounding the lake. 

I spent most of the day begging my friends to take a speed boat across the water but we couldn't seem to find one, there were pedlos available and larger boats that carried eager tourists across the lake so perhaps we shall be making another trip down to Como in the summer. After our picnic we ended up sunbathing and people watching (one of my favourite past times) for at least two hours on the park. Rhys and I became couple stalkers for about 20 minutes when we realised we were completely surrounded by loved up Italians and tourists! There must be something in the water…


Here's a collection of some the photographs I took yesterday, I highly recommend going to Lake Como, not just for the incredible landscapes but simply for the fact that loads of Italians walk their tiny dogs there, Pugs and Pomeranian's everywhere.














 This chap looking divine
 The cute couple photographs...


















SHARE:
© HALCYON. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig