Monday 2 June 2014

Politecnico Fashion Projects



It’s graduation time!
All exams and coursework have been completed and handed in and this time next I shall be back in the comforts of my little home in England. It’s been a whirlwind journey and I appear to have spoken of my adventures around the country – ignoring the fact that the reason I am here in Milan is to study at the Politecnico Di Milano. As mentioned I took on three courses, two in English; Visual Merchandising and User & Social Innovation, and one course in Italian; Fashion Design.

I wanted to showcase the end product of my Fashion Design course where we were required to create a tailored menswear blazer (images below) individually, and then in my Italian group we had to design and make a jacket reminiscent of a futuristic train driver uniform. I was appointed artist and model for my group project and so you can see our final photo shoot and original designs below!

For Visual Merchandising Millie, our Estonian friend Karen and I worked together to form a drawn out architectural plan and interior scheme for a new Charles Philip concept store. Charles Philip, aged 27 is a footwear designer for his brand with the same title. He was raised with a profusion of fashion in Milan - now based between Milan and Shanghai, he has the privilege to seek inspiration from his global travels and everyday encounters- bringing both an exclusive, and fresh vision to his quirky brand. Having successfully passed our module Charles Philip actually came to the university to present us with our official certificates. We invited the designer to enjoy a glass of wine with us after where we sat with all our tutors and spoke about fashion in Italy and England and how style differs across Europe. According to our Italian teachers English females should take note to cover up more!  

  Our fashion design group project final outcome




 My individual project: creating an Italian tailored men's jacket



 Karen, Charles Philip, me and Millie with our certificates!



SHARE:
© HALCYON. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig